The USPS will provide different kinds of mailing services and one of it is certified mail service in which it officer service of certified mail received when you need to confirm that the package has arrived at the destination. The certified mail will provide to the customer with a proof of Identity that the mail has reached the destination. Indus service a customer will receive the mail receipt at the time of milling and there will also a record maintained by the USPS tracking service so that it will be useful in future in order to check the reference. The customer can also purchase a return receipt for an additional fee in order to provide the customer with the proof of delivery by the USPS. First class mail services are provided with a certified mail and no other services will provide you with certified mail other than that of first class mail services. The services which are available at the time of milling and provides a customer with a mailing receipt are provided along with the facilities like,
- Insured Mail: Insured they will allow you to get your package a complete protection. The package is available with an insurance and the services are available for standard mail, first class mail on priority mail. The insurance is available for more than $50.
- Return Receipt: Return receipt is nothing but a sentence proof of delivery. The return receipt can be purchased for male send on COD, Express and insured mail which has an insurance of more than $50.
- Registered Mail: Registered mail will provide the most secured services which are offered by the USPS. This will allow the tracking certified email sender to receiver mailing receipt and upon request over the Internet, the date and the time of delivery of the attempt of delivery will also be provided.
- Signature Confirmation: Signature confirmation is a service provided in which the date and the time of delivery of the attempt of delivery will be known. The record will be maintained in which the signature of the person who has received the package will be taken by the USPS.
- Restricted Delivery: Restricted delivery directs the delivery only to the addressee. The service is available only for first class, priority mail and package services that are sent by certified mail, COD, and main insurance for more than $50.
- Money Order: Money order is provided with the safe transaction of money to different locations and it is available up to $1,000.
USPS Certified Mail Tracking
USPS certified mail tracking will help you to know the real time status of your shipment. Tracking Certified Mail without tracking number is also possible. Tracking with providing you with the complete details of your shipment along with the expected delivery date of your shipment to the destination. The tracking information is available to the customer only if you have the tracking number and then you can use any of the tracking tools to check the tracking information of your shipment.
- Online tracking – Online tracking is one of the easiest ways in which you can easily track the certified mail shipment location. This will give you the exact location and the details of your package by just providing your tracking number on the official website the procedure is given below.
1. First, go to the official website which is www.usps.com.
2. Then you should click on the track and confirm tab. This will take you to the page where you should enter the tracking number and then you should provide your reference number of the tracking number of the package.
3. After that, you should click on go button on which you will be directed to the next page in which you will find the status of your shipment.
4. You should then confirm the information which is displayed by reviewing the digital recorder code of the scanned and assigned certified mail receipt after the delivery of a package
- Visiting Postal Office – If you would like to contact directly then you can go to local post office and then provide your tracking number. When you give your tracking number for the teller in order to track and confirm the delivery then they will provide you with the exact information. The teller can either print the information for disseminating it verbally at your interest in according to the information.
- Calling customer care – If you would like to know bike phone when you can directly call the customer care representative at1-800-275-8777. By receiving your information the automated voice will ask you for a tracking USPS number. Now, tell your tracking number for the mailed package.
- SMS – You need the tracking number for the package in order to use this service. By, sending a text message to 28777 with your tracking number to receive updates as your mail travels.
USPS Certified Mail Rates 2017
|USPS Postage & Special Services||2017 Rates|
|Certified Mail Fee||$3.35|
|Electronic Delivery Confirmation Receipt||$0.80|
|Return Receipt Green Card (Old Fashioned Green Card)||$2.75|
|Return Receipt Electronic Signature (PDF) (replaces Green Card)||$1.45|
|First Class Postage (1 OZ) (Metered Rate)||$0.46|
|Additional OZ First Class Postage||$0.21|
|Flats 1 OZ rate (9″ X 12″)||$0.98|
|Restricted Delivery Service||$4.95|
|Signature After Mailing||(PS Form 3811-A) Discontinued|
USPS Certified Mail Customer Care Number
- USPS Certified Mail Customer Care Number:- 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777).
- E-mail at: [email protected]